Martha O'Brien is a LMFT specializing in individual, couples and family psychotherapy, and maintains a private practice in Barstow, CA. With over 5 years experience as a marriage and family therapist, and as a graduate of Pepperdine University specializing in CBT, she is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients.
Martha O'Brien is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Graduated August 2011
- with an emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy
- Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology Graduated May 2009
- with an emphasis in Child Development
- Excelsior College
- Albany, NY
License, Certifications & Awards
- Evidence based Trauma focus CBT
- Domestic Violence & Substance Abuse
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy for Adolescent Drug Abuse
- Older Adults: Mental Health, Aging & Substance Abuse Issues
Professional Activities and Memberships